On March 19, 2020, Governor Abbott announced several executive orders in response to COVID-19. These orders got into effect on March 20, 2020 and will end at midnight on April 3rd. They include the following regulations:
– Every person in Texas is to avoid social gatherings of more than 10 people.
– No dining in at restaurants, bars, or food courts. Take out, drive-thru and delivery options will be allowed.
– Gyms are to remain closed.
– Schools are to remain closed, but online or alternative learning options may be used.
– No visitations at nursing homes, retirement centers, or long-term care facilities unless it is to provide critical care assistance.
THIS IS NOT A SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER. You can still go to grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, parks, and banks. Essential government services and critical infrastructure still operational, and domestic travel allowed.