Precinct 2 Northeast Community Center, seen above, and Aldine’s MO Campbell Center were just two of many sites throughout the area that were distributing free food to families in a drive-thru last week. Pct. 2 food came from the Hilton Americas Hotel, and consisted of carrots, potatoes, apples and Brussels sprouts. It was distributed by Second Serving, and deputy constables from local precincts. It only lasted two hours, and then the food was all gone. Anyone with extra food is encouraged to call Pct. 2 for future distribution. The city of Houston is also distributing food at their community centers. Earlier in the week Aldine ISD distributed food parcels at 22 schools throughout the district.
Free food distributed at several schools and centers
More from Front PageMore posts in Front Page »
- County Judge visits Mobile Vaccine Unit at Greater Pure Light Church in Aldine
- Local Leaders oppose SB7 bill as Voter Suppression
- East Aldine Families enjoy a “Drive-Thru” Easter Event at BakerRipley last Saturday
- Lone Star’s East Aldine campus tops 1000 students
- Garcia’s motion will bring $3 million to fight violent crime